Requirements for Membership in the CWDGA
For a club to be considered for membership in the Chicago Women's District Golf Association, it must:
- Be located within a radius of seventy-five miles of Chicago. State and Madison Streets shall be the coordinates.
- Be established as a private club for at least three years.
- Submit a copy of its Constitution and/or Bylaws that govern its operation.
- Submit a copy of the roster of the current membership of the club.
- Have facilities suitable and available for team play and tournaments.
- Agree to host Four-Ball Match Play at least every other year.
- Agree to host a one-day tournament when requested.
- Agree to host our three-day CWDGA Championship Tournament when requested.
- Submit a letter from the Board of Directors stating that it is aware of the above requirements and agrees to them.
Section 1 of the CWDGA Bylaws reads:
When a private club has made application for membership in the CWDGA and has met the requirements of the organization, the member clubs shall be notified of such application. At the expiration of a period of sixty (60) days from the date of such notification, said applicant shall be deemed acceptable for membership by the Association. The Board of Directors shall thereby issue an invitation to membership, unless a negative response has been received from three (3) or more member clubs.
The annual dues to be paid by member clubs shall be fixed by the Board of Directors. Entry fees are paid by the individual for various events which the CWDGA conducts, including Four-Ball Match Play, One-Day Stroke Play, Better-Ball of Pairs, Senior Better-Ball of Pairs and a three-day CWDGA Championship Tournament.
Visit the CWDGA website www.cwdga.org for additional information.